Tuesday, December 4, 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Gilty Party Review

  As I promised in my monday questionnaire yesterday, here is what is on my nails at this very moment! I was going for an ombre glitter look and it didn't come out quite like I wanted!



I'm sure you can see how I completely failed at the Ombre thing! lol Oh well. Anyway, I recently found the newly formulated Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes at CVS in the new Nail HQ display!


I was pretty excited to find this display! It includes, the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, Essie, New Revlon Brilliant Strength and Sally Hansen Gel Polish. The Revlon polishes come in some amazing new colors I can't wait to try out. I picked up two of the Revlon and two of the Sally Hansen. One of them being Sally Hansen Gilty Party!


Gilty Party 130 is Silver with extremely fine red and pink glitter! I think that this color is very unique. I can not think of any other polishes that I own that are similar to this one. It has a rosy tint to it because of the glitter! In the bottle it looks like a taupey silver. The consistency of this polish is really nice to work with. It took two coats to get full coverage.

For the glitter I used Maybelline Color Show Sequins Rose Bling 825.This is a chunky rosy pink glitter with lots of different size glitter in a clear base. I have  used a few of the Sequin Limited edition polishes and they were awesome. This one Rose Bling, not so much! This was extremely difficult to work with, it was really thick and goopy. The color is Beautiful, but the hassle is definitely not worth it. There are other glitters out there that are very similar to this one. 



(Outdoor Lighting no flash)


 

(left: indoor daylight no flash, Right: night time with flash)


As I said before I failed miserably with the whole ombre thing, I've done it before and it was pretty easy and I was happy with how it turned out. I'm going to have to blame this time's failure on the Rose Bling Glitter. I do also have to mention that this polish didn't work well for the Ombre thing and I'm not positive but I think if I was using it differently it would have been a lot easier to work with.

Bye Bye 
xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment