Monday, January 7, 2013

NOTD: Wet N Wild Megalast On A Trip Review and Swatch with gradient glitter nail art!

I finally feel like I've gotten the gradient glitter nail art thing down. WOOHOO! I've tried it quite a few times now and was never happy with my results until now! So of course I will give you some tips on how I got this to work for me. :) I'm also going to tell you my thoughts on Wet N Wild Megalast On A Trip. 


I have had Wet N Wild Megalast On A Trip for a long time and I have used it many times. I think I like it more each time that I use it. It may be a bit excessive but I used 3 different glitter polishes to get the gradient effect just right. 

The first one I used was from Urban Outfitters in After Hours. I used a very light hand with each coat of glitter that I applied. I applied After Hours from the base of my nail about 2/3 of the way up. I let that dry and then added a coat of the Color Club Purple tinted Silver Glitter (sorry I can't find the name f this polish, not sure if t even has a name)from the base about 1/2 of the up.  Not going as far up the nail with the second coat of glitter is the key to getting the gradient effect to work just right. The third and final coat of glitter was China Glaze Make A Spectacle which I once again lightly applied this time right in between the 1/2 way and 2/3 mark to sort of blend it all together.



Wet N wild Megalast On A Trip is a light bright purple creme. The brush on these seems scary and hard to work with at first, but after you try them you see how nice they are and how  easy they make applying your polish. This polish requires two coats for full coverage, you could also add a third coat if you wanted to. You can find this polish at most drugstores Walgreens, RiteAid Etc. for about $1.99. These Megalast polishes are some of the best formulated polishes that I own and they are so affordable, it's great.

Now all of the glitters I used to for the gradient glitter. Urban Outfitters Afterhours is a iridescent silver micro glitter, I picked this polish up about a year ago and I think it was $5, I don't know if they still hve it but I'm sure they are similar polishes made by other brands.

 The Color Club glitter polish does not have a name anywhere to be found, it is a silver glitter with a purpley tint to it. I found this one in a set of six glitters at ross for about $4.99.  score. 

And the last one is China Glaze Make a Spectacle which is a clear base with different size iridescent hex and regular glitter. It is very similar to Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Snow Globe, I like Snow Globe better because it is a bit more vibrant. I found Make a Spectacle at Sally's for about $7.99 (i think?) and I'm pretty sure it was limited edition. So if you like Make a Spectacle just go pick up Snow Globe which I found at CVS for $8.99.



(Outdoor direct Sunlight)




(Outdoor Shade)




(Indoor Natural Light)

I am very pleasesed with my work on this NOTD. hahaha It is always a nice feeling when you can finally succeed at something you have tried to do many times. Have a great day everyone!!!

Bye Bye
xoxo Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment