Thursday, January 10, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation Review & Swatch

I am so overwhelmed with all of the new products that I have picked up from the drugstores. There are SOOOOO many new things hitting the shelves this time of year, since all of the brands are releasing their Spring 2013 collections. I picked the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation a few weeks ago at RiteAid, after using it for a while now I am ready to review. 


When I saw the display I was very excited, I had been on the lookout for all the new products I had been hearing about for quite sometime and wasn't having much luck finding it. If you have read some of my past posts you will know that everything shows up later around here. So lame! Anyways I was trying to pick the right shade and then I saw on the display that there was a little flip chart booklet to help you figure out the right shade for you. I think that is a nice touch because it can be really hard to find the right shade at the drugstore. 

I decided to pick up the color 170 Natural Beige after consulting with the booklet on the display. After taking it home and using it I think it may have been a bit too dark for my skin right now, in the summer when I am MUCH darker I think it would work better. I used it anyway and just made sure to blend it into to my neck with bronzer really well.



Revlon Nearly Naked is a medium build able coverage foundation. The coverage is going to vary depending on what you use to apply it. You will get a lighter coverage if you use a brush and a more full coverage if you use your fingers. I also tried applying it with my soho beauty sponge to get a medium coverage. I really like the way this foundation applied and it had a semi-matte finish on my skin. I was a little worried because I have pretty oily skin.

(Outdoor Direct Sunlight)
(Outdoor Shade)

This is a very liquidy runny foundation. I think that it is very comparable to the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. It had about the same coverage. It did not last as long as the UD Naked Skin. I can get a full 10+ hours of wear from the UD and about 8 hours with the Revlon Nearly Naked. When you pour it out of the bottle it is comes out very fast and you must be careful. It would be much nicer if it had a pump on it. Other than that the consistency is very smooth and nice to work with. It also has a very lightweight feel on the skin and after letting it dry for a moment or so it is very soft and smooth to the touch.


As you can see in the photos above, well the one on the right, it blended in very nicely just a bit too dark for my current skin tone. The picture on the left is only slightly blended. 

 Overall I really liked this foundation but I returned it because it didn't control my oil as good as the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. If you are not super oily like me I can see this working really good. Like I said I really had no issues. The other factor in my decision to return this was the purchase of another new drugstore foundation that I have been using and I am pretty sure it is my holy grail foundation. 

If you are looking for a lightweight medium build able coverage foundation I say go pick up this foundation. If you can pick it up at CVS, RiteAid or Walgreens do so because you can return it if you don't like it or if you get the wrong color you can exchange it. :)

Bye Bye 
xoxo Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment