Wednesday, November 28, 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen All Fired Up Review

I am getting in the Holiday spirit with my nails. I went with a very classic red color. I was trying to decide what color to paint them and I couldn't remember the last time I had painted them red, so that's what I did.


Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Polishes are by far one of the best formulations of polish out there, especially in the drugstore. They are currently in the process of re-releasing these polishes with a new formulation and new colors. My guess is that they will bring in some of the past limited edition shades as well as some of the current colors and hopefully some new colors. I know that they have been spotted in Walgreens and CVS, but I have not seen them yet. I am anxious to try them out and see if I notice any differences. One of the nicest things about these polishes is that they have a base coat and a top coat built into the polish.


All Fired up is a classic bright red that leans a bit on the orangey side. This is bot a very unique color. There are many other brands with basically the same color. For example I have Essie's Too Too Hot and when I swatched the two of them on my nails I couldn't tell the difference. However there is one major difference, the consistency of the Essie polish doesn't even come close to the Sally Hansen one.



On my accent nail I have Essie Luxe Effects Set in stones, which is silver glitter with all different sizes of glitter in a clear base. This is a great glitter for layering and it is very easy to work with. Essie ploishes are generally known for having a concistency that is difficult to work with, but this one is not (especially for a glitter).



Neither of these polishes are limited edition so this should be pretty easy to track down if you need to get your hands on them. You may even be able to find Sally Hansen All Fired Up at a discounted price. I know Walgreens was selling them for more than 50% to get ready for the NEW ones. Hopefully CVS, RiteAid, Target Etc with follow suit and do the same. 


Don't mind the mess on my thumb! lol





I hope you like my red NOTD, leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite red is!

Bye Bye
xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment