Sunday, November 18, 2012

Carmex Healing Cream Review

I know that I am not alone when I say that I have dry skin in the winter time! The temperatures are cooler and the air is drier, so all the moisture gets sucked out of your skin! My hands are my biggest problem! Especially this year I have noticed since starting my second job that my hands are SUPER dry (I handle money and paper bags a lot). Anyways I had this little sample of Carmex Healing Cream lying around and I threw it in my purse to take with me to work so that if I needed it throughout the day, I would have it!


I got this little tiny 0.35 Oz bottle as a free sample with a Carmex chapstick that was on clearence for $1. I really didn't like the chapstick but this lotion was worth a dollar well spent. Here is what Carmex has to say about this Healing Cream...

 
"We put 75 years of lipcare expertise into our Carmex Healing Cream, much to the joy and relief of customers who have been requesting it for decades. Our rich cream goes through a patent-pending blending process that emulsifies it into a fast-absorbing formula that won’t wipe off on your clothes, immediately going to work helping to heal your most troubled spots—such as feet, elbows and hands.
  • Formulas with increased levels of rich lanolin such as Carmex Healing Cream have the same rehydrating properties as naturally occurring lipids in your skin.
  • Our formula includes petrolatum to soften skin while it aids with moisturization.
  • Our healing cream adds allantoin to soften and aid with moisturization."


Before

After

 It's hard to tell from the pics how well it works, but I added them anyways

The consistency is on the thicker side but it's not too thick, it is definitely a cream, not as runny or liquidy as lotion. When I first applied it I didn't think I was going to like this at all because it seemed very greasy after rubbing it into my hands. After a few minutes though it completely sinks into your skin leaving it nice and soft. The other thing I have to mention about this cream is the smell. I really like it. It smells like a mix between Carmex chapstick (big shocker there I know) and Vanilla. If you don't like the smell of Carmex chapsticks I don't think that you will like the smell of this, but personally I love it!

I try to use it in the morning when I wake up and again at night before I go to bed but to be honest I forget a lot so I usually just use it when my hands are dry! I am going to say that after a few weeks of using this cream that I really like it and that I am going to pick up a larger size bottle of it first chance I get. I Definitely recommend this if you are looking for a good everyday lotion for your dry skin.

Let me know in the comments what your favorite hand creams for dry skin are!

Bye Bye 
xoxo Ashley

 

1 comment: